Chapter 682 meetings are held on the second Monday of each month with the exception of August and December, when the annual picnic and the holiday luncheon are scheduled. At least once a quarter the Chapter plans to hold an evening dinner meeting so that active employees may attend. Morning meetings are held at the Midtown Community Center, 570 McLawhorne Drive, Newport New, VA at 10:30 AM. Night meetings, held at 6:00 PM, are scheduled in various locations and are advertised at least a month in advance.
Chapter 682’s Service Officer, Charles “Charlie” Jones, assists members, families and survivors, and keeps members informed regarding retirement benefits and programs. He may be contacted at 757-766-2541 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule speakers at monthly meetings to address issues affecting Federal retirees, active employees, and/or seniors, and to provide information on community issues and State and Federal legislation
- Publish monthly newsletter
- Participate in area health fairs at local military bases and other federal
- Conduct fundraisers for Alzheimer's research
- Maintain Facebook and website for distribution of Chapter information
- Schedule day trips and training sessions for members and guests on topics of interest
- Schedule a picnic in August and holiday luncheon in December with live entertainment
List of Officers
Patricia "Pat" Taylor
- 1st Vice President
- Archie Billinger
- Stu Flechner
- Past President
- Shirley Atkins
- National Legislation
- State Legislation
- Membership Chair
- Marie Collins
- Service Officer
Charles S Jones
- PR & Newsletter Editor
- Charlotte Mitchell
- Alzheimer's Chair
- Narfe Net Coordinator
E-mail address - Phone 757-599-5408
Chapter 682 celebrated their 52th Anniversary on July 14, 2010.
Return to Top
Email to VFC chapters web master.